Arroyave Group, Texas A&M University
– Micro-structure evolution of silicon carbides and other ceramic matrix composites (CMCs)
– Accelerated materials discovery using data-simulated-enabled framework
– Database creation and management of binary and ternary thermodynamic assessments
– Using an informatics-based approach, I look to discover new candidates for intermetallic melt infiltrants with optimal melting ranges and compatibilities with SiC and develop thermodynamic-based methods to discover alloy and process conditions for processing defect-free SiC/SiC composites by melt infiltration.
– Following that, we will then validate and demonstrate infiltrants through rapid infiltration methods.
1. “Design and Discovery of Ceramic Matrix Composites By Assessment of Inverse Phase Stability and Microstructural Evolution.” AFRL Internship Poster Presentation. 08/2018
2. “High throughput CALPHAD assessments and phase-field algorithms for use in materials discovery. “ University of Michigan ICME Camp. 06/2018
3. “High throughput CALPHAD assessments and phase-field algorithms for use in materials discovery. “ CALPHAD XLVII Conference. 05/2018